building

Kolkata: Fire breaks out in building in Ultadanga on Ashtami evening, creates panic | Kolkata News

KOLKATA: A fire broke out at a mixed residential building comprising of a few homes and a cluster of shops at Canal east road in Kolkata's Ultadanga on Ashtami evening.The fire broke out around 6.45pm and was brought under control around 8.40pm by 13 fire tenders.No person was injured in the incident. But the series of gas cylinder blasts and leaping flames sent panic in the area as many left their...

Building collapse incidents: KDMC appoint special team for survey of dangerous structures | Thane News

KALYAN: After two building collapse incidents within one month, the Kalyan-Dombivli Municipal Corporation (KDMC) has taken proactive steps by appointing a Special Team to conduct a new survey of potentially hazardous buildings. This initiative aims to prevent further accidents in the municipal area.In a recent tragic incident in Dombivli city, one dangerous building collapsed, resulting in the loss of...

Mumbai Fire Accident News: Fire breaks out in building in Kurla; over 50 people rescued | Mumbai News

MUMBAI: Over 50 residents were rescued from various floors of a 12-storey building in Kurla-west after a fire broke out on Friday night.The incident took place in a Slum Rehabilitation Authority(SRA) building located opposite Kohinoor Hospital. According to BMC’s disaster management, the fire was confined to electrical wiring, scrap materials etc in the electrical duct from the ground to the 12th...

Two killed, one injured as Dombivli building crashes during eviction

KALYAN: A 70-year-old retired bank employee and a 58-yearold man died, while the latter’s wife suffered multiple injuries after a portion of a ground-plus three-storey ‘dilapidated and dangerous’ building collapsed in Dombivli on Friday evening even as civic officials were forcibly evicting the residents. Kalyan-Dombivli Municipal Corporation (KDMC) officials were evicting the 50-odd residents...

Fire breaks out at building in Kolkata, no injuries reported

KOLKATA: A fire broke out in a building in Kolkata near Chandni Market on Friday evening. No one was injured in the incident.The fire was reported from Maddan Street inside an office. It was controlled around 8.30 pm, one and a half hours after the initial blaze broke out.4 fire tenders were finally pressed in to service. The fire did not spread beyond the top floor of the five storey building. Although...

Two trapped as four-storey building collapses at Dombivli near Mumbai | Thane News

THANE: Two persons were feared trapped after a four-storey residential building, tagged as 'dangerous' by the authorities, collapsed in Dombivli area of Maharashtra's Thane district on Friday, a civic official said.The two persons trapped have been identified as Arvind Bhaskar (70), and Kirti Lodia (45).The building 'Adinarayan Bhuvan', located at Ayre village in Dombivli east, collapsed in the evening,...

Bhiwandi building collapse: 70-year-old owner booked for negligence | Thane News

BHIWANDI: An FIR was registered against the 70-year-old owner of a building that collapsed last week in Bhiwandi, killing two people and injuring five others.The accused has been identified as Kanij Fatima Abdul Momin.The police registered an offence of negligence causing death in connection with the deaths.The Bhoiwada police, probing the case, said that Kanij in 1984 purchased the Gauripada-based room...

Class IX student jumps off 7-storey building in Mumbai’s Malad, dies | Mumbai News

MUMBAI: A 15-year-old girl died by suicide by jumping off a seven-storey building in Mumbai's Malad on Saturday.Police said she had run away from home allegedly after her parents took away her phone to discourage her from spending long hours on social media.The girl was a class IX student. She lived in Malwani with her parents and sister. She was undergoing treatment from a psychiatrist for a mental...

Fire on 9th floor of 12-storey Bhiwandi building | Thane News

BHIWANDI: A fire broke out on the 9th floor of a multi-storey building here on Saturday, officials said. No casualties were reported. Twenty-two residents were rescued by firefighters. A fire official said it was reported at 2.25pm in an electric wire duct in the 12-storeyed Aryan City Building at Temghar Pada. The residents on an upper floor were trapped due to heavy smoke. Seeing the smoke spread,...

Fire breaks out in 12-storey building in Maharashtra’s Bhiwandi; 20 rescued, none hurt | Thane News

THANE: At least 20 people were rescued after a major fire erupted in a 12-storey building in Bhiwandi city in Thane district of Maharashtra on Saturday afternoon, officials said. No casualty was reported in the incident, an official said. The building with 48 flats filled with smoke after the blaze erupted at around 2.15 pm and residents rushed out, the official added. "At least 20 residents stranded on...

Compare listings

Compare