Schoolgirl dies after eating shawarma in Tamil Nadu’s Namakkal | Chennai News

NAMAKKAL: A Class IX girl student died on Monday after eating chicken shawarma bought from a hotel in Tamil Nadu‘s Namakkal town.
The deceased has been identified as D Kalaiyarasi, 14, of AS Pettai in Namakkal town.
Kalaiyarasi, her father Dhavakumar, 44, mother Sujatha, 38, brother Boopathi, 12, uncle Sinoj, 60, and aunty Kavitha, 56, went out on September 16 night. They later bought parcels of food, including shawarma, from a hotel.
After eating shawarma at their house, Kalaiyarasi and others developed stomach pain and vomitted. All went to a nearby private hospital and got admitted there.
Kalaiyarasi died on Monday, not responding to treatment. “We have sent the body for postmortem,” said an officer at the Namakkal town police station, adding that doctors in the private hospital had referred other family members to Government Medical College and Hospital for further treatment. Their condition was said to be stable.
A case was registered, and further inquiries were on.
It is learnt that 13 medical college students also complained of food poisoning on the same night after eating shawarma at the same hotel from where Kalaiyarasi and her family members bought the food.

Source link

Join The Discussion

Compare listings