Man suffers burn injuries while dousing fire in Thane

THANE: A 43-year-old resident received minor burn injuries while trying to douse fire in his neighbourhood in the Poundpada chawl tenement in Kalwa east, Friday evening, officials informed.
Yasin Tadvi, in-charge at the Thane Regional Disaster Management Cell (RDMC) said a fire broke out following a gas leakage from the domestic gas cylinder nozzle in one of the tenement in the Shanti chawl around 6pm.
Local residents rushed to the spot and tried to douse the blaze when one of the residents, Shatrughan Thakur, suffered burn injuries. The fire got extinguished after the gas in the cylinder got exhausted, informed Wajid Shaikh, a local resident who alerted the civic officials.
The fire brigade officials said they have taken the cylinder with them for investigation.

Source link

Join The Discussion

Compare listings